One of the things that worries most of us is weight gain, especially nowadays, when we are attached to the screens all day, and in fact most of the day we sit in a chair or lie on the couch, and we don’t burn
calories like we used to in the past.
This is true for adults, and unfortunately it is also true for children. Remember that once upon a time when we were children, when there were no smartphones and tablets, we used to run and play outside all
day. But today? Well, it’s just sad what’s happening, and as a result we’re seeing more and more fat kids.
But it doesn’t have to be like that, there are many, many things we can change in our daily lives that will help us lose weight, or at least not gain weight. And we don’t even have to turn our lives
180 degrees, small things can make a big difference.
Keep reading and learn about 12 bad habits you do at night that make you gain weight.
1. You don’t sleep enough at night
- Affects the metabolism, making it slower
- Lack of sleep makes you feel hungry
- Raises the cortisol level
- You exercise less because you feel tired
You must sleep at least 8 hours a night
2. You eat too much at dinner
- You eat too much or eat too heavy food, resulting in slower digestion, especially at night
- You tend to watch TV while you eat, which makes you eat more
Eat a light dinner consisting mainly of proteins and vegetables
3. You go to bed right after dinner
- This causes you to store more fat cells
- You will have digestive problems
You must eat your last meal about an hour and a half – two hours before bed
4. You eat fried food for dinner
- Contains too many calories and you won’t have time to burn them
- You store more fat cells
- You won’t be able to fall asleep
At night you should eat baked, grilled or steamed food
5. You eat spicy food for dinner
- Spices and spicy food can lead to slow digestion
- You won’t be able to sleep
- At night, when many hours pass without eating anything, spicy food can cause heartburn
Spicy food is actually good for speeding up the metabolism. Eat it if you like, just not at night.
6. You eat cereal or other carbohydrates for dinner
- Gives you extra energy that you won’t use while you sleep
- Carbohydrate-rich foods contain too much refined sugar that needs to be burned off immediately
For dinner you can drink a fruit smoothie or fresh fruit, a salad or foods rich in proteins. But in small quantities of course.
7. You like to eat dessert for dinner
- Sugar and flour turn into fat cells
- You cannot burn these calories at night
For dessert, eat fruit. It’s like a healthy candy that won’t hurt your waistline.
8. You snack after dinner
- You eat too much and consume empty calories
- You get energy that will keep you awake at night
- Avoid bread, cookies, or sweets after dinner.
- For a late snack, choose something light and healthy with less than 200 calories
9. You tend to skip dinner
- It won’t help you lose weight because skipping a meal slows down your metabolism
- You will only feel hungrier at the next meal
- Skipping meals can cause anxietyv
- You lose muscle tissue, and your skin becomes loose
Even if you don’t have time for a good and nutritious lunch or dinner, at least try to eat some fruit.
10. You consume alcohol or caffeine
- These products affect sleep
- They contain a lot of calories
Choose a natural smoothie or warm milk. Always end the day with a glass of mineral water
11. You use your cell phone or computer before going to bed
- Blue light, produced by these devices, affects your overall health and sleep
- Radio waves can also harm your sleep
Turn off devices at least an hour before you go to bed. Read a book or listen to relaxing music instead
12. You go to bed late every night
- When you go to bed after midnight you accumulate more fat because it goes against the body’s natural cycle.
- You will want to eat something early in the morning
Go to sleep as soon as you feel tired. If you feel full of energy at the end of the day, try to get it out with exercise.
- People30 mins ago
Boy Brings Diapers To School Every Day – Parents Are Surprised When Realising Why
- People14 hours ago
A Homeless Lady Finds $1 Million in Trash, RETURNS IT TO OWNER, AND HE KICKS HER OUT FOR THIS REASON
- People18 hours ago
He jumps off the hot air balloon without a parachute, thinking that his friends would save him
- People3 hours ago
Boy who got tied to tree, set on fire gets justice thanks to last words on deathbed
- People19 hours ago
Mother Sells Baby Daughter’s Stroller. One Day Later, the Buyer Immediately Calls the Police!
- People5 hours ago
These bugs emerge at night and assault victims, killing them silently or infecting them for life.
- People13 hours ago
Mother Can’t Stop Crying After Discovering What Her Children Were Doing In The Bathroom In Secret
- People4 hours ago
Bus driver’s note to parents goes viral after what their children did to a disabled boy on bus!