Connect with us
Advertisement

People

5-year-old boy ran to a neighbor and told her that mom died in the shower, she saw his hand and acted quickly

Advertisement

Sal Sikalza of San Tan Valley, Arizona, is not a typical 5-year-old.

The little boy is a real hero – and now the whole world praises him for his quick thinking.

One day, when Jessica Fenoyer was at home, she heard a knock at the door.

Advertisement

Outside stood her 5-year-old neighbor, Sal Sikalza, holding his little sister in his arms.

“He was standing there holding something, and I thought it was a doll”, Jessica said.

But it wasn’t a doll: it was Sal’s two-month-old sister.

At first Jessica thought the boy was telling her that their dog was dead, but she quickly realized he was saying something completely different.

Advertisement

“He said, ‘No, my mother died in the shower, can you take care of us?'”, Jessica said.

As soon as Jessica realized the shocking thing he said to her, she immediately called an ambulance and ran to the scene.

Fortunately, it turned out that the mother was not dead: she had a seizure and passed out in the shower.

On pure instinct, Sal reacted immediately – and what the 5-year-old did next left everyone stunned.

Advertisement

When he was certain his mother is dead, 5-year-old Sal realized that he had to do something to keep himself and his sister safe.

He took a stool, attached it to the wall and climbed on it.

He did this so he could reach the button that opens the garage door.

The boy wrapped his baby sister in a blanket so she wouldn’t get cold. Then he ran to the neighbor’s house, Jessica’s house. After she called for help, the ambulance arrived and treated Sal’s mother who fortunately survived the attack.

Advertisement

But if it wasn’t for 5-year-old Sal, this story could have ended in a completely different way.

“He actually saved my life, because I was in the bathtub with the faucet open, and if he hadn’t called for help, I would have drowned”, said his mother Caitlin.

Sal’s act of heroism did not go unnoticed.

He received a badge of honor from the local fire department, receiving a certificate and a firefighter’s helmet.

Advertisement

The firefighters and the ambulance crew now want to spread the story to remind all parents about the importance of talking to the children about what they should do in an emergency.

Watch the video about the case here:

Share the story to pay tribute to this boy who thought fast and saved his mother’s life!

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Trending

X