Are you worried about hair loss or baldness? Do you feel that your hair is becoming thinner or grayer? When we notice our hair is changing, it usually hurts our self-confidence. Our hair is part of our personality, so we want and
must make a lot of efforts to maintain it.
The following home recipe may not sound very appealing, but it has been a successful treatment for hair loss for decades. Onions and onion juice can help you regrow your hair.
How does onion help hair growth?
The onion is rich in sulfur. This mineral is one of the main building blocks of hair. It increases blood circulation and provides the hair follicles with the necessary nutrition. Onions have anti-bacterial properties, so
they help against scalp infections that may be causing hair loss.
Moreover, the onion contains the catalase enzyme which is an antioxidant that can prevent premature graying of hair.
The onion’s potential as a natural remedy for hair loss has also been scientifically tested. In 2002, the Journal of Dermatology published a small study that examined the use of onion juice for alopecia areata (an autoimmune disease
that causes hair loss).
Trial participants who used onion juice twice a day for two months experienced much better hair regrowth than those who used tap water. Men had a higher success rate than women.
How to prepare onion water for washing hair:
- Peel onions and cut them into medium to small pieces.
- Squeeze the juice with a blender or food processor or a grater or juicer (available in a food processor).
- Massage the juice into the skull and invest a little more in the bald areas.
- Leave it on your head for at least 15 minutes to 1/2 hour (depending on the smell tolerance), then wash your hair with a natural shampoo.
Onion water and honey recipe:
- Mix 1/4 cup of onion with a tablespoon of honey (double quantities as needed).
- Absorb the ointment on the head.
- Leave it for at least 30 minutes.
- You can put on a shower cap and sleep with the ointment at night.
- Wash it with a natural shampoo.
This is a natural treatment, so you must allow it to work patiently until the results are achieved. Do this on a daily basis or at least 3 times a week. For two months, allow your hair to strengthen and heal.
Additional tips for hair growth:
If the onion smell bothers you, add a little lemon juice or rose water to the hair paste. You can also use aromatic oils. Rosemary, lavender and spearmint all help hair growth.
The combination of onion and honey can also be used for food. Eat it every day so that your body digests the nutrients.
Make an effort to add onions to your food. The effect will be slower than the onion juice, but will still have a good effect.
Additional aids for treating hair loss:
The castor oil, rosemary oil and peppermint oil keep your hair healthy and shiny. Garlic, organic apple cider vinegar and of course a natural diet, free of sugars and processed food.