Almost all of us have had chicken pox at some point, and some of us still remember how awful it was. But we’re glad we already had it and that we can’t have it again as adults – because it really could have been worse.
Unfortunately many doctors don’t take chicken pox seriously.
Chicken pox is not considered a dangerous disease, but for one mother, her son’s illness almost became a nightmare.
Hayley Lyons took her son, Lewis, to the doctor when his fever got very high.
The doctor recommended that she give him Ibuprofen, which is both a pain reliever and fever reducer. She trusted the doctor and did what he told her – and that was exactly her mistake.
After Lewis took the medicine, his condition worsened, and Hayley rushed him to the hospital. But this time, he was hospitalized with a severe infection.
The pills the doctor gave have a terrible effect on people suffering from chicken pox, and now the mother is desperate to warn others of the dangers.
She wrote a Facebook post some time ago but the warning is still relevant today!
Chicken pox is coming back again. I want to remind people not to give their children Nurofen/Ibuprofen.
Different doctors from our local clinic gave them to Lewis because we couldn’t get his fever down. This medicine is anti-inflammatory, it works on chicken pox and causes it to go deeper into the skin.
It wasn’t until we took Louis to the hospital because our doctors told us ‘it’s just chicken pox’ is when we found out.
In the end he had sepsis and was hospitalized immediately as we got there.
Only because we insisted and took Louis to the hospital he is now fine.
It could have ended much worse if not for the doctors at the hospital, with their knowledge and experience.
Use only CALPOL (a drug that does not contain paracetamol) to reduce their fever. It is actually listed on the Nurofen website not to take the drug with chicken pox (we found this out after it happened). But when the doctors told
us to take the medicine, who are we to doubt them.
Thanks to the resourcefulness and attention of Hayley who realized Louis was getting very sick, everything worked out for the best.
Remember not every doctor knows everything, and it never hurts to get a second opinion if you’re unsure about something. Better to be safe than to be sorry later!
Please share the article to warn other parents.
- People23 hours ago
Elderly Woman Catches 4 Boys In Her Yard, Cries When She Realizes What They’re Doing
- People17 hours ago
Man Kidnaps Girl, Rapes Her Until Privates Destroyed — It Gets Worse
- People22 hours ago
The True Story Of Elizabeth Shoaf, The 14-Year-Old ‘Girl In The Bunker’ Who Escaped Her Kidnapper By Sending A Text
- People20 hours ago
This man woke up from a 19-year coma and what he said shocked everyone
- People21 hours ago
Mom Thinks She’s Having Twins: Then Doctor Spots Something Incredible
- People16 hours ago
Nurses see something coming out of baby’s face finding out what it was they took immediate action
- People18 hours ago
Eagle-Eyed Trucker’s Heroic Rescue Unveils a Dark Secret Behind the RV Curtains
- People14 hours ago
This mother showed up with bruises on her belly, and then an ultrasound scan explained it all