Authorities said that the responding officers were called out to a mobile home on reports that a meth lab was operating inside. But, unfortunately, when the officers arrived, they found something far worse cooking in the bedroom. Now, both parents are going away for a very long time.
Per reports, both parents, Kathlen and Lucas, had been holed up inside for days, with one room of the mobile house transformed into an oven — until it became too hot to ignore.
The woman, who happened to be pregnant when cops were called to her home, had been up for 38 hours with her man on a meth-making and taking bender.
She mentioned that she heard a noise from the other room of the small home and thought, at one point, about checking on it, but her drugs were too important to take a few steps away from them. After the sounds stopped, she finally opened the door to the room and found her 2-year-old son, Braydon, ‘had been cooked to death from the space heater’ that she left on for him.
The parents thought that locking the child in the room with a space heater on high for almost two days was enough to keep him comfortable so they could do their drugs. The heater didn’t have a thermostat on it that would allow it to shut off when it got too hot, ultimately making an oven out of the room.
To make matters worse, officers not only found that the trailer house of horrors had been condemned and had f-ces and filth everywhere, but also that the child was severely malnourished after not being fed for days. Disturbingly, if the heat didn’t kill him, the starvation probably would have.
According to FOX News, this isn’t the pregnant mom’s first run-in with the law. In fact, she hadn’t even fully resolved her child endangerment charge from when she was pulled over for driving under the influence with a kid in tow when she caused the death of her son.
She and her parents faced 20 years to life for abuse or neglect of a child resulting in death, topped off with an additional drug charge. Both parents were sentenced to 21 years in prison for their role in the death of their 2-year-old son, who was left in a hot room for 38 hours.
Dear readers, we are republishing this story amid recent reports that child abuse has surged in America during the pandemic.
- People9 hours ago
Restaurant manager gave homeless man a job – 24 hours later, she walked in and immediately stopped in place
- People29 mins ago
Boy repeatedly arrives late to school, the teacher pays him a surprise visit at his house
- People5 hours ago
This is what the shape of your nails reveals about your personality
- People8 hours ago
Man was left in agony after his ex-wife chopped off ‘these body parts and flushed them down the toilet’ because he cheated on her!
- People3 hours ago
43 Years After Their Divorce, Her Ex Husband Suddenly Stops Her With This Sign
- People7 hours ago
Boy woke up after “dying”, ‘his mom was left stunned and screamed in disbelief when he told her who he saw in the afterlife’!
- People4 hours ago
Bus Driver Sees Neglected Girl Waving at Her from House’s Broken Window, Immediately Steps in to Help
- People6 hours ago
This is why you must hang a bag of water over your door during the summer